Wednesday 29 October 2008

In Response...

To jockchick's comment (on 'A Fresh Start'):

I apologise for the offence I seem to have caused with my comments on the card you returned. I was in fact delighted and quite surprised to receive a response at all, and I thank you for the time and effort you put into it - this gratitude was not initally posted on the website as I intended this to be a blog on the contents of the project itself, not on my thoughts regarding the project.

You say that you 'can’t put a blank canvas out to people without being ready to accept what you receive back'. I agree completely, but I would claim that it was not a blank canvas I offered - there were guidlines, albeit rather loosely defined. The 'freedom' I spoke of may have been misleading. I was referring to a freedom based within a broad creative framework that had indeed been predetermined, not the ideological kind of 'true' freedom you may have extracted from my words, which I see as having little relevance in the real world where everything is bound by rules of some form. This is of course a matter of opinion and, frankly, rather extraneous.

Again, thank you for your card. Despite what you may think it was greatly appreciated and has (along with your comment) provided significant help with the project by way of increasing my understanding of my own literary failings and the issues of communication I need to overcome in future.
Kind regards,
The Curiosity Project

No comments:

Post a Comment